‘TMKOC’ actor accuses makers of sexual harassment; quits the show

TMKOC actor jennifer mistry

Indian TV actor Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal aka Mrs Roshan Sodhi of the long-running sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah’ or ‘TMKOC’, has quit the show after accusing makers of sexual harassment.

As per the reports from Indian media outlets, Jennifer Mistry, who was a part of the cast since the beginning – except for a three-year hiatus in between – has quit the show after accusing makers including producer Asit Modi of sexual and mental harassment

Watch ARY News live on live.arynews.tv

In her latest interview with an Indian tabloid, the actor confessed that she shot for her final appearance on March 7 this year and is no more a part of the ‘TMKOC’ cast.

Mistry explained the incident that took place during the Holi festival which triggered her move. “On the last day, March 7 it was Holi and my anniversary. I had informed in advance that I want a half day since my daughter really looks forward to that day. She waits for Holi. I even gave them an option that just give me a two hours break, I’ll be back. They made adjustments for everyone except for me. I kept requesting them but they did not listen.”

“They adjusted for all the male actors. It is an extremely male-chauvinistic place. That’s when I retaliated and Sohail [Ramani] spoke to me rudely asking me to get out almost four times,” she added.

Mistry continued, “Then the creative person Jatin [Bajaj] tried to stop my car. All this is recorded in the CCTV footage. This happened on March 7, I thought they would call me. But on March 24 Sohil sent me a notice that I left the shoot and they are losing money. This was ulta chor Kotwal ko Dante. They wanted to scare me.”

Moreover, the actor has also filed a legal action against Modi accusing him of sexual advances towards her. Speaking about the same, Mistry asserted, “Asit Modi has made sexual advances towards me many times in the past. Initially, I ignored all his statements because of fear of losing out on work. But it is enough now I won’t take it anymore.”

“On April 4, I replied to them on WhatsApp that I was subjected to sexual harassment, I sent a draft and they reverted to me saying I was trying to extort money from them. I decided that day, I want a public apology. That day I hired a lawyer.”

“On April 8th, I sent a notice to Asit Modi, Sohail Ramani and Jatin Bajaj and also mailed and sent a registry to all the government authorities. I have not got any revert on the same but I am sure they must be looking into it and investigating the matter.”

Previously, several others of the ensemble cast have levelled allegations against the producers and quit the show, including the lead actors Shailesh Lodha and Disha Vakani.

TMKOC actor Dilip Joshi under threat; house surrounded by armed men



from Lifestyle News - Latest Lifestyle News, Celebrity, Fashion, and Luxury https://ift.tt/HMmVCQl

Post a Comment

0 Comments